Then, the company we work with Golden Charter can offer a payment plan or you can pay them outright. We have examples of options for payment to show you. We, your funeral director do not receive any funding until the time of need (the time of the actual funeral). The Golden Charter keeps the funds invested until the time of need so that it grows throughout that time. The funeral directors’ costs are locked in at today’s prices and do not go up even if the funeral is 20 years from now.
What’s included in a pre-paid funeral plan?
Our funeral director’s services will be covered in your funeral plan, which means our fees will be fixed at today’s prices. These services typically include:
• Professional services and making arrangements for the funeral
• Transportation of the deceased from the place of death to our premises, chapel of rest or other suitable location
• Care of the deceased and preparations for family viewing if requested
• Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation
• Provision of funeral vehicles
• Advice on bereavement counselling
• Coffin or casket requested
Although a pre-paid funeral plan can cover all of the services above, there are some additional third party costs to consider. These are the costs for essential, non-funeral director services required to carry out a cremation or burial which need to be paid at the time of the funeral. These costs are outside our control. Depending on the plan type chosen, a Golden Charter funeral plan can include a contribution towards some third party costs. They may include:
• Crematorium fee
• Minister or officiant’s fee
• Cemetery fee: the opening of a new or existing grave for burial or interment of cremated remains
Other third party costs that may be associated with a funeral include:
• Purchase of grave or lair
• Hire of church or other venue
• Fees or organist or soloist
• Memorial, such as a headstone, entry in a book of remembrance, or the planting of a tree
• Catering, floral tributes and newspaper announcements
There will only be more to pay at the time of the funeral if the third party costs exceed the allowance when you buy your plan, or if the costs increase by more than the growth of your plan. Even if prices rise in the future, once your plan is paid for, you’ll have the reassurance of knowing there’ll be nothing more to pay for our services included in the plan – guaranteed.